Saturday, November 25, 2023, is Small Business Saturday – a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities. Organized by the
Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce and Los Alamos MainStreet, Small Business Saturday has become an important part of small businesses’ busiest shopping season.
Blue Bucks Promotion
Enterprise Bank & Trust will again be sponsoring the award-winning Blue Bucks Promotion, which will run from Friday, November 24 through Saturday, December 9.
At participating businesses, each minimum purchase of $0.01-$25 will receive one ticket, then one ticket
for each additional $25 spent. Purchases made in person or online on Saturday, November 25, and Saturday, December 2 will be worth double tickets!
Each ticket gives you a chance to win cash and gift
card prizes, courtesy of Enterprise Bank & Trust. There will be (1) $1,000 cash prize, (1) $500 cash prize, (1) $250 cash prize, and many gift certificates or merchandise from participating businesses.
The business that gives out the $1,000 winning ticket, will also receive $1,000!
Participating businesses and organizations will be highlighted in the print edition of the Los Alamos Daily Post that comes out on Wednesday, November 22, and will be highlighted through social media campaigns. A list of participating businesses can also be found here.
Los Alamos MainStreet and Creative District, and the Chamber will be producing the annual Los Alamos Holiday Shopping Guide, brought to you by Del Norte Credit Union. The Holiday Shopping Guide highlights unique products, services, and gift cards that you can purchase in town. The shopping guide will also be published in the Los Alamos Daily Post Special Small Business Saturday section. A digital copy of the guide can be found here.
Small Business Saturday Tax Holiday
Don’t forget that Saturday, November 25, 2023, is a New Mexico Gross Receipts Tax Holiday! For this one day, the state suspends the collection of gross receipts tax on sales of qualifying items at certain small businesses. Plan to get your holiday shopping done locally on that day. For more information go here.
For Business Owners
Businesses have the option of signing up for 1 or all 5 options associated with Small Business Saturday:
1) Small Business Saturday Promotions- Social media promos, local news media, etc.
2) Blue Bucks Promotion- November 24- December 9. Businesses will receive Blue Bucks tickets, bag, and instructions the week of Small Business Saturday. Purchases made in person or online on Saturday, November 25, and Saturday, December 2 will be worth double tickets!
3) Hard to Shop for Gift Guide- submit a photo and one-two sentences describing your gift idea to be included in this year's gift guide.
4) Business Special- offer a special item, sale, discount, coupon, giveaway, etc.
5) Charity- donate a portion of your Small Business Saturday sales (a sales percentage or predetermined amount) to the charity of your choice and let us know! We would love to promote your generosity and let the community know what charity they are supporting when they purchase from your business on Small Business Saturday.